Sunday, May 18, 2008

Renaissance Maddness

What an experience! Ryan and I took my little brothers to the renaissance festival this weekend. They have it right across the street from Ryan's house and over this weekend and last we could hear people screaming and cheering, so we thought we would check it out. You had to park about a half a mile away from the festival and walk in. I expected the people participating to be dressed up but come to find out, if you were dressed up you got a dicount. We encountered a lot of big bare bellies and a lot of corset cleavage. The main reason we wanted to go was because we had heard rumors that they had real life jousting. We figured it would be interesting to see and if nothing else a good laugh. It turned out to be two farely over weight men on clydesdales. They were dressed in the whole shebang. Armor and all. When they first started I was sure some one was going to turf it. They were bouncing everywhere in their saddles and I was just waiting for one to face plant, but it never happened. They began the joust by hitting a target, it was pretty boring. Then when the real jousting began it got pretty entertaining. They jousted about six or seven times and each time the joust itself would shatter. I would never go to the festival again but it was an ok one time thing. The only thing I regret is forgetting my camera.

3 comments:

The Vance's said...

Thats funny! I thought they only had those things on Gilmore girls!

Nicole said...

I'll be sure to never go. I tagged you!

aLi said...

Is Ryan from Hooper, too? I'm just curious where this madness was! I never knew there was one!

By the way, I love your blog layout! I have a fetish for trees lately. I also think your spotlight thing is a good idea! Kassie is such a cute girl, I've always thought she was hilarious!

Last but not least, I need to invite you to my blog! Send me an e-mail so I know your e-mail address and then I can do it.
alisonshepherd@mail.weber.edu.