Monday, May 12, 2008

"Will Race For Boobies!"





Another race came and went and we had a lot of fun. One of our favorite things to do while we walk is read all the interesting t-shirts. Here are the top few for 2008:
- "Save the Ta-tas"
- "Will Race for Boobies"
- "Blue Footed Boobies"
- "Big or Small, Let's Save Em All!"
There were plenty of others but those are the ones that caught my attention. It is always an emotional time for my family. After the race is finished all the survivors gather together and do a survivor march. They walk around the top level of the gateway and then pose on the stairs for pictures. They even let about 100 white dove loose. It was really quite amazing. My mom is a surviovor of eight years and I am very thankful to have her in my life. What a woman!! So to all of you out there make sure you get your mammograms every year and do your monthly self exams. Early detection is the key! Heres to the next eight years MAMA. Love YA!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Hey Danielle, good to hear from you. You're blog is so cute! I think it's pretty awesome that you guys do that race every year, way to go!

Tawna said...

Love it-Big or small lets save them all. I have to agree with you. I'll try and run it next year!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I wish I could think of something creative for a shirt. Save the ta-ta's made me laugh. Nice job. I would love to get involved too.

Chandler.Robyn said...

Hey Danielle, it's Robyn. I was hopping around some blogs and found Mandy's which, of course, led me to yours. Gosh, I haven't seen you forever! Looks like you're doing great. You girls are so gorgeous! It's fun to see ya. My blog is set to Private, but if you give me your email, I'll send you an invite! :)

Danielle and Ryan said...

ROBYN!!! I'm so excited you found my blog. My email is daniellemark@mail.weber.edu. Can't wait to see yours