Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Christmas Time!!!!!

Well it's that time of year again. My favorite time of year, when the nights are cold and the fire is warm. When everyone spends more time at home. I love to keep the house dark and enjoy the magical glow of the Christmas tree. I always feel so grateful and close to Heavenly Father. When excitement is in the air, and when family traditions are at their best. My absolute most favorite tradition is on Christmas Eve. Mandy and Lacy come home and we have a big fancy dinner ( thanks to the gourmet chefs I have as parents). Then we exchange presents between siblings. We do it on Christmas Eve because we are all home at the same time. Then we open our brand new PJ's which my mom tries to pretend she didn't buy! For anyone who doesn't know my parents, you are really missing something special. Anyway, we all change into our new comfy pajamas and hang out until it's time for saint nick to come. Then the best part. We all grab our pillows and blankets and hunker down in the same room. We have done it every Christmas that I can remember. Everyone used to sleep in mine and Cassie's room but the past few years we have slept in my parents room. The last year Lacy lived at home she didn't feel good and wanted to sleep in her own room. I bawled (mind you I was 17 years old). I was so sad, I couldn't imagine not all sleeping together. So being the good sport that she is she slept with us, even though she didn't want to. Love ya Lace :) Bet your glad you did it. Anyway the festivities have started. My work party was on Wednesday. It was a lot more fun than I had imagined. Here are some pictures of our night.Getting ready to leave :) Carly and Glenda playing nurses (big stretch)
Amanda playing a patient

Tyler cast as Santa with a bowel obstruction (hospital humor)!

Ashley as another patient

7 comments:

Marriott's said...

Hey loser. Nice blog. I miss you ar dodgeball. Where you been?

Tawna said...

That looks like fun. I wish I was there but working nights makes it hard to get out... You and Ry look so cute

Marriott Family said...

Hey Danielle! No I don't mind at all that you commented on my blog! I am glad you did so I can now see what your up to. Looks like you and Ryan are doing so good! Sorry that he was sick. That is pretty scary stuff! Glad he is doing better! You guys are so darling together!

Meet the Robinson's said...

It is not a dumb question. I have always just deleted my background and replaced it with the new one. I do know most of the layouts have to be minima. If this does not work let me know.

Jordan said...

It really is the most wonderful time of the year! I LOVE Christmas too!! Your party looks like fun! Hope you have a merry Christmas! Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

B.J. McKellar said...

Love the new picture you guys are too cute. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday.

The Smith's said...

Hey! I had no idea you had a blog!Its so cute!!