Monday, January 5, 2009

I'm ENGAGED!!!!

Well after a really challenging year I finally have some good news. Ryan finally purposed!! It was so perfect. Ryan sent one of his rope horses down to Arizona to sell and I kept teasing him about what he was going to do with the money, so he never told me when he sold him. On Saturday we were down on his property having a trap shoot for his birthday, we invited all the people we love the most. My family was there and so was his. I was standing by the fire and he came and put his arms around me. He started almost whispering to me, he asked me what I thought would make the day more perfect. I just said I don't know, he kept trying to get me to guess. That's when I noticed the circle of people around us. Here's where it starts to get fuzzy. I looked around at everyone staring and then back at Ryan. He said, "I sold Boozer," (that's the horse). That's when it clicked. I felt like everything was in slow motion. Everyone was ewing and awing as I saw Ryan pull a little white box out of his pocket. Then he's down on one knee and I heard "Will you marry me?" as clear as day. I was so excited I said yes about one hundred times and almost pushed Ryan into the fire when I was hugging him.My brother in law got it all on film. Then about one minuted after, I said, "Wait a sec, did you ask my dad?" (He had asked my dad about ten minutes before). It was amazing. Ryan knows me so well. It was perfect, I had just promised myself to someone for the rest of time, and all the people I love were right there with me, waiting to celebrate. I told my mom I'd always wondered what it would feel like, and I never thought it would feel so good. I love you Ry, forever and ever babe. Sorry the ring pic is fuzzy.

19 comments:

Meet the Robinson's said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you two. He is so cute and thoughtful how he planned it. Have you guys picked a day yet? Oh and I better get an invite. I am so happy for you.

Nicole said...

I just yelled YEAH so loud, glad my kids are awake. Congrats. Have fun planning the wedding, and let us know when you have set a date.

Adam and Ashley said...

Congrats. That is so exciting. Can't wait to see the ring at work.

Tawna said...

YEAH! I am so excited! I have been asking you for a long time now I don't have to ask you anymore! Congrats!

The Vance's said...

I am so excited for u guys! It will be so fun!

The Smith's said...

Congrats! It's about time you two get married! I can't wait! I better get an announcment!

aLi said...

Hurray!!! That is freaking awesome! Congratulations, Josh is thrilled for you, too! (He actually called me up at home and said, "guess who's engaged!?" I immediately said you, because you guys are practically joined at the hip. And there is no one else I know who is as ready as you are to get married!

Marriott's said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you. Does that mean that Ryan will finally let you come and play dodgeball again????

Tami said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you! I wondered when it was going to come, but I hated people asking us, so I just waited. Congratulations to both of you!

brady and kenzie said...

hey danielle, i know its been a LONG time since i have seen you but conratulations! you guys are such a cute couple and i wish you the best!

alyssa said...

YEA!! Congrats to both of you guys! YOu are both going to be so happy and I know you will be great together!

McKenzie said...

I am so excited for you. I feel so happy and giddy for you! Isn't it the best in the whole world! Congrats. I love you!

PS.... It's about time Ry!!!!!! :)

Marriott Family said...

DANIELLE!! I am so so happy for you! You guys are so cute together and look so happy! :) Your ring is so pretty! Congrats!

Chandler.Robyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! One of those moments you'll never forget huh?! I'm so excited for you two!

Cody and Paige said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Being married really is so much fun!

Dawn said...

Great! Now we will really be related. I'm so happy for you both. Life is good and it will just get better. Have fun with all the planning, it should be fun.

Rick and Danielle said...

Congrats Dani!! All I can say is it's about freakin time!!! :o) I'm happy for you

Wrendy and Bronson said...

Hey Danielle, I just happened to come across your page and saw your exciting news. congrats!!! I hope the best for you two.. you guys look so happy!!

Holly T said...

YAAAY! I didn't know, congrats!!