Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Ode To Jake

This is an Ode to Jake, The best horse I've ever had. My heart is breaking with sorrow.You were many things to me, but most of all you were a teacher. You taught me trust and patience, responsibility and respect, hard work and unconditional love. You were patient with me when I learned to rope, and you took me to my first Rodeo. You were my pal and on snowy days I wished I could bring you in the house with me. Thank you for all you gave to me, thank you for giving your heart to Rodeo. I'm sorry we had to lose you like this. I wish I could have done something more for you. I love you Jake.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your horse.

Angie and Brian said...

Sorry about your horse. Little Karah has a great example to follow in you, great and beautiful. I am glad you are so happy and hope 2009 is better that 2008. Lots of Love
The Tingeys

Tawna said...

Sorry! I was hoping he would've gotten better. I felt bad when you were leaving work...