Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a lot of making up to do...

The Race for the Cure is one of my favorite traditions. If you know anything about me then you know that my life has been greatly affected by breast cancer. Well I again had the pleasure of celebrating the survival of thousands of women, but most of all my mother and my grandmother. Or as my brothers would put it, my bad ass mama and my bad ass grandma. These two women are as tough as nails and as sweet and kind hearted as Mother Theresa herself. Blessed, that's what I am, aint no denyin' it!








Usually we take the opportunity to have a girls weekend when we go to the race, but this year we brought the boys with us. When I say the "boys" I mean my twin brothers. We always have referred to them as the boys. I'm sure it is because they were the fifth and sixth children and have four older sisters. Poor boys :) they were mothered to death. I was so glad they came. They mean a lot to me, and you can see in this picture just how much they love their mama!









Then there was the flood. My in-laws own thirty acres that borders the Weber River, by the end of all the run off season it was completely under water. These pics are right at the beginning of the flooding, it got really much worse after these were taken! But all is well now. They lost any hay they would have gotten, but the water has receded and there land has dried out.













No comments: